The research brings innovation and aligns current practices to meet the changing
and challenging requirements of the society. The research and development function
of the Institute conducts studies on the areas of national and international importance
and those which are of professional significance for members in particular and others
The Institute’s research deliberations provide useful insights on the economy and
guidelines for the profession. It also helps in addressing existing problems and
providing amicable solutions for industry specific issues. The research includes
articles and write-up, analysis, policy recommendations to the government, comparative
studies, synopsis, reports, interpretations, handbook, etc.
TThe research and development task of the Institute is amicably responding unprecedented
innovations taking place in the profession to benefit members, students, other professionals
and industry. It is also benefitting organizations by way of enhancing their productivity,
upholding the confidence of investors and stakeholders, ensuring maximum profitability
and long-term sustainability.
The titles of Institute's Research Publications are Miniature as follows:
Objectives of Research Department
A full-fledged Research Department was established in the year 1989 with the followinggoals:
"To Conduct Research"
- Complement the Research Committee's work
- Streamline the Institute's research activities
- Increase the frequency and scope of research studies
is one of the core objectives of Institute, as defined in 'ICMAP's Mission statement'.
The core activities of the Research Department are as follows:
- To identify potential areas of research and make strategic plans to pursue research
- To carry out research studies on topics of professional Interest
- To develop Cost Accounting Guidelines for Industries
- To update members on professional developments, particularly for practicing members.
- To develop expert comments on IFAC/IASB Exposure Drafts in consultation with members.
The Research Department carries out its functions on the directives of the Research & Publication Committee.