Diploma in Islamic Finance
The Institute of Cost and Management Accountants of Pakistan’s Diploma in Islamic
finance designed for result of growth of the Islamic banking and financial institutions
/ industry, there is a continuous critical need for banking / finance professionals,
who are grounded in their understanding of the substance and form of Islamic Finance.
The Institute offers a complete diploma to fulfill needs of both Islamic and conventional
financial institutions providing Islamic banking services and products. It has been
designed to provide a professional qualification for commerce graduates, Banking
Officers and above to initiate a career in the banking sector and to enhance knowledge.
It emphasises on the practical aspects of Islamic banking and finance while providing
a fair grounding of the jurisprudential foundations of Islamic banking. .
Aims & Objectives
It is designed to give individuals the following advantages:
- Offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which students can develop &
enhance their knowledge, understanding and analysis related to the field of Islamic
banking and finance
- Demonstrable expertise in the complex, fast-growing world of Islamic finance
- Give you skills in Shari’ah compliance and the complexities of the contracts that
underpin this compliance
- Provides students with an understanding of the jurisprudential and theoretical fundamentals
core to Islamic banking and finance
- Develop the ability to apply the knowledge and skills they have acquired to the
solution of practical problems in their professional banking careers
The qualification will be valuable for:
- Individuals who have a general interest in Islamic finance
- Newcomers to Islamic finance as well as finance professionals seeking accreditation
in this vast field.
- Individuals who want to embark on a career in Islamic finance or wish to develop
their knowledge for their current job role in an Islamic financial institution
- Financial Institutions who wish to develop their staff on the principles of Islamic
finance that may lead to increase staff performance
- The programme is assessed though a mix of two practically focused home assignments and an end of course exam at ICMA Pakistan, Computer Lab (CBE).
- 50% marks on 2 home assignments
- 30% marks for the home assignments
- Participants must achieve 50% or above in the final exam to be eligible for the award of the Diploma. Pass mark is set at 50% with distinction achieved at 70%.
- The candidates will be required to undertake a 1.5 hours computer based examination (CBE).
- Module 1 : Islamic Commercial Jurisprudence
- Module 2 : Islamic Banking Operations& Takaful
- Module 3 : Islamic Treasury and Capital Markets
- Module 4 : Accounting for Islamic Financial Institutions
- Module 5 : Islamic Insurance
- Module 6 : Business Banking and Trust Law
- Module 7 : Islamic Commercial Law
- Module 8 : Islamic Ethics
- Interactive Session (based on 3 Months or 45 CPD hrs)
- The programme is delivered over a series of interactive sessions, based on 12 pillars equals to 3 Months or 45 CPD hrs.
The result will be displayed on the screen at the end of examination and a list of students will be posted on the notice board of respective centre.
Will get Diploma Certificate
- Participants who have actively taken part in the whole programme and have passed CBE Exam
- While this Diploma is in itself a valuable addition to the participant’s academic records, the CPD hours of this certificate will beneficial them in future.
- Attendance must be above overall 90%.
Following two types of certificates will be issued to participants:
i- Certificate of Participation:
Upon attending at least 70% classes’ Certificate of Participation’ will be awarded to each participant and CPD hours will be granted according to the actual attendance of participants.
ii- Certificate of Diploma:
Upon completion diploma certificate will be awarded to each participant. However, certificate of participation will be given to each participant for attending 70% classes.
- PKR 42,000 (excl. of all taxes) applicable to all members of accounting apex bodies.
- PKR 45,000 (excl. of all taxes) for other participants.
Fees for Re-attempt:
- Any participant who fails to qualify examination [CBE] may reappear in next schedule examination on payment of Rs. 3,000/- to get the Diploma Completion Certificate.
Venue and Schedule
- Modules take place on Sunday, 12-4 pm at ICMA Pakistan, Head Office Karachi
- Orientation Session on Wednesday, March 06, 2019 at 6pm at ICMA Pakistan Head Office, ST-18/C, ICMAP Avenue, Block - 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi, Pakistan Karachi.
- Classes from March 17, 2019
- The registration form is available on request to below person
- The number of participants is limited in order to ensure a high quality level of the programme.
For further details please contact to
Karim Mirza Javeri,
Deputy Director, Training and CPD Department,
ICMA Pakistan, ST-18/C, ICMAP Avenue, Block - 6, Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi, Pakistan.
Cell # 0336-2259183, Direct: +92 21 99244074, email@example.com